Friday 14 June 2013

Scrapstuffz "Inspired By" Challenges Design Team News!!!

At the end of May I shared here that I was applying for the Design Team call over at new challenge blog Scrapstuffz "Inspired By" Challenges.  Well a couple of weeks ago I got the news that I had been successful!  I'm so excited to share this with you as its a huge honor and blessing to be working with an awesome group of talented ladies who love scrapbooking as much as me!

For our reveal, all DT members were asked to create a layout inspired by the "psychedelic fish".


When I first looked at the image I must have been craving sugar, as my first thought was Licorice Allsort lollies!  I think it was the colours interspersed with the black "licorice-like" lines.  I've very recently rearranged my craft room to move my craft table away from a window where the sun was damaging my products.  I opened an old chest belonging to my Granddad, and was happily surprised to find a bag containing photos from Shaun and my wedding nearly 10 years ago.  Many of the photos were black and white, and were taken by our guests with the disposable cameras on the tables at our reception.  These photos called for some lovely Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper products, and I scrapped this layout, with inspiration from the strong spiral pattern in the image.



I've finally used one of the beautiful Maggie Holmes clips!  So lovely that I want to keep a couple of them just for my hair!  I've purposefully hidden them from a certain little girl who loves scrapbooking and all things pink and girly!



As I don't yet own a Silhouette Cameo I hand cut my spiral by firstly sketching it on to a piece of thick packaging, cutting it out, and then tracing around each piece on the patterned paper. I actually love that it is uneven.  I embellished the layout with die cuts and stickers from the Maggie Holmes collection and Crate Papers Fourteen collection (which is also lovely), and some brads from My Minds Eye.  I of course added  ink splatters to show movement around the spiral, some machine stitching, and finally I anchored the layout on a piece of patterned paper from Fourteen.  

Please join us by playing along with the challenges each month.  I look forward to seeing what inspires you!

4 comments:

  1. I love your layout Melissa! Happy to be creating with you on Scrapstuffz. I am now following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lee-Anne! So looking forward to creating with you too :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful take on the challenge Melissa! I esp love the clustering and splatters on this one! Your swirls patterned paper is very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Shirley! So excited to be on this creative journey with you :)

    ReplyDelete