Thursday 8 August 2013

Your Heart is My Home

Last night while Shaun was performing in a local stage show I made two pages.  One page is for my DT work, but this one is for another of the challenges hosted by Shimelle for her Best of Both World's kit inspiration weekend.  As I said yesterday, I don't have a kit, but the challenges are open to use any supplies.

I decided to play along with the Scrapbooking on the Vertical challenge, which required just as the name of the challenge says, to emphasise the vertical.  I just loved this challenge, and as I'm on a stash busting mission (prior to new CHA product arriving), I used all Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic collection on a Glitz Design patterned paper for the background.  I also mixed my own mist and applied it to my page with a plastic bag (technique learnt from the very talented Jana Werner).  I'm working on developing a more artsy style as I love the texture it adds, and I'm really happy with how this turned out.

My layout is about my love for my husband and how much I appreciate him x


I love the fox die cut from 5th & Frolic, sometimes I find it hard to incorporate cutesy images, but the fox worked really well!


I love layering elements, and went to town with the stickers from the collection!


Thanks for looking, I've had so much fun playing along with Shimelle's challenges, I may even have time to make a couple more.

Be blessed
Melissa x

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet page and a wonderful thing to get in a memory book. The baggy misting technique looks so wonderful. Another great page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gorgeous patterns & papers and the layers! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page Melissa! Great use of the Dear Lizzy, and I love that cute fox embellishment you used...I'm thinking there is some symbolism there...representing a foxy husband!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that your journaling reflects one of the purposes of scrapbooking - treasuring those around us and the layers look great too!

    ReplyDelete