Monday 17 February 2014

Hello Poppa (Lets Get Sketchy)

Hello!  Its the third week of February which means our team is up for another reveal over at Lets Get Sketchy!  And this week I have to say that this is probably one of my favourite sketches ever!  I struggled when I started to create this layout, I got my main paper layers down, and my stitched messy circle, but then I was almost at a blank at what to do next.  This layout actually sat on my desk for about a week until I finally finished it!

I used Flea Market from Crate Paper, which contains all the Maggie Holmes goodness that I love.  Once I started embellishing the design was able to flow, and as I loved the sketch so much I stuck to it completely, including punching out gold butterflies.  The "hello" vellum die cut is from Heidi Swapp, and the beautiful wood veneer feathers are exclusive to the Paper Bakery.


This photo was taken by my Mum, and is of my Dad holding Azaria when she was a tiny newborn baby.



And here is the sketch, designed by the lovely Laura Whitaker:


Thanks for looking, and make sure you link up your layouts, and head over to the blog to check out the other fabulous creations by the DT.

Be blessed 
Melissa x


6 comments:

  1. Love the feathers swirling around the photo, fabulous layering, and touches of gold! Beautiful page, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo pretty love all your stitching and splats, great layers too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page, I love the stitched circle and how your accented it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the little things here and there on your page, cute photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful page, Melissa!! Love the stitched circles and the scattered feathers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so precious! I love your stitched circle and the feathers are awesome! Beautiful job Melissa!

    ReplyDelete