Saturday 3 May 2014

Paper Dolls & Happy International Scrapbooking Day


Hello again!  Today is 3 May, and it's National Scrapbooking Day.  Here on the other side of the world we call it International Scrapbooking Day!  This year I signed up for National Scrapbooking Day "10k" over at Big Picture Classes.  Its a free class, and we are aiming to flood Instagram with over 10,000 photos of scrapbook layouts!

Well one benefit of having a C Section and not being able to do anything (aside from feeding Brielle every 3-4 hours around the clock, and trying to sleep when she sleeps, and letting go of the state of our house) is sitting down and scrapbooking!  

This layout is for the Stitched Class over at Studio Calico, and this time I used all Studio Calico papers on a Crate Paper Home Spun Background.  The two papers that I created the circles with are from Print Shop, and the star vellum is from Story Time.  As you can probably tell, I'm having a love affair with circles at the moment, and am giving my Cuttlebug a work out!  I stitched some of the scallops on the circles with embroidery thread.  I layered them all up and then embellished with flair badges, and sequins in matching colours.  The final touch was the Bella Blvd feather for a touch of whimsy!


The final touch was the Bella Blvd feather for a touch of whimsy.


Thanks for looking.  Happy scrapping
Melissa x

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I LOVE your layout! The sequins and stitching are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun layout Melissa!! I love how you stitched on the scallops!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously soooo love this!!! the stitching on it is amazing!!!! fun color mix!!!

    ReplyDelete