Saturday 13 September 2014

Scrapstuffz September Reveal

Hello, it's my turn for reveal over at Scrapstuffz "Inspired By" Challenge blog!  This month we have changed things up and have created two projects from two inspiration photos.

My first layout is inspired by the school supplies photo, and of course I had to scrapbook photos of Azaria on her first day of school, which was 30 June 2014, the day after she turned 5.  The photos are quite emotional and I wasn't able to get the typical smiling first day photo because she wasn't very happy!  She ended up having an awesome day.

I used my August Hip Kit, and scraped the three photos in a central grid.  I used some roughly applied gesso, and layered some of the Crate Paper Notes & Things ephemera under the papers layers under my photos.


And here is the first inspiration photo:



I also used my Hip Kit for my second layout, and I was inspired by the position of the ferris wheel on the left side of the photo, which reminded me of a starburst.  These photos are of my eldest daughter on her final school visit the week before she started school, and she insisted on wearing her uniform.  I wanted her to save it for her first day, but I'm so glad now because I was able to take these photos at home before she went to school.

I loved all the words on the text paper, and I love how it looks next to the starburst.  The craft 3 x 4 card "In my Heart" was the perfect sentiment for how I felt seeing her in her uniform!


Here is the second inspiration photo:


Thanks for looking, and make sure you play along!

3 comments:

  1. ahhh both pages are too cute!! love the fun layers and paint background on the top page and then paper mix on the second page!!! i"ve used a ton of that kit up and still using it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layouts! Love the layering on the top one and the paper on the second. SO fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layouts Melissa!! Love how you used both of the inspiration photos!!

    ReplyDelete