Tuesday 21 October 2014

Hip Kit Club Online Crop

This weekend just past was an online crop over at the Hip Kit Club.  There were awesome chats and challenges with the Design Team, and I was able to play along with Ashley Horton's sketch.  When she was part of the Lets Get Sketchy DT we got to play with her sketches a lot, and it's awesome to play with this one!

My page is a very simple take on the sketch because I wanted to let the sweet photo of my girls shine!  Also, I loved that Echo Park navy stripe so much that I really wanted to feature it.   Its another photo from Brielle's monthly photo shoot (3 months) that Azaria had to join in with.  I'd call it photo bombing except that she asked if she could be in the photos too!  Now three months later (Brielle is 6 months) she still loves her baby sister this much!


I used washi tape to mask off the triangles, then spread them with gesso.  This meant that I could do my journalling and date on the triangles.



The gold of the Teresa Collins chipboard is so beautiful!


I love that beautiful triangle paper!


And here is the sketch.


Thanks for looking!  Being in the "future" here in New Zealand I only got the chance to play along with this challenge, but I'm so glad I got it done!

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh what a sweet pic and page!! LOVE how you did the triangles at the top and bottom!!! perfect embellie accents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch Melissa!! You did a fab job mixing the patterns from the Hip Kit, and I love the diagonal striped paper for your background! So glad you got to play along with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete