Wednesday 14 January 2015

Kaisercraft XO Layouts (Artfull Crafts)

Good morning!  I hope you're enjoying Summer as much as I am!  Today I'm on the Artfull Crafts blog with three layouts I made with Kaisercraft's beautiful XO collection.  I loved this one soooo much that I couldn't stop!

XO is a Valentines Layout with gorgeous colours, patterns and chalkboard print, and I decided to use it to scrap my gorgeous girls.

For my first layout I used this speciality wreath paper, and I backed the smaller cut outs with patterned paper from the collection.  I left the larger flowers open to provide contrast.  The photo is of my baby girl in June when she was 2 months old.  I completed the layout with some collectable die cuts and stickers.  The title is made with a die cut (Sweet) and sticker (smile).


A close up of the layered pieces.


A close up of the title and wreath.


My second layout is about my eldest daughter loving to look our for her baby sister.  I really wanted to feature that bold floral, but I couldn't make it work, so I  used the B side of it (apricot colour).  I layered some papers under my photo, and applied some gelato with a plastic bag and a spray of water.  My title is handout from this gorgeous paper.


A close up of my title.


A close up of my paper layers.  I popped up the flower border sticker on some dimensional adhesive.


My final layout is made with cutting a selection of the patterned papers with a manual die "Love" on my Cuttlebug.  I also cut some leaves with plain white cardstock.  I arranged them on my page, then stitched them down.  I stuck my photos on vellum to provide some soft separation from the rest of the page, then just added some stickers and sequins.


The flower border is from the sticker sheet.


A close up of the die cut words.


You can purchase XO in the shop here.  

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layouts Melissa! I love that wreath parapet, and all of your designs are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh seriously all these are amazing!!! LOVE the papers and colors!! the wreath and all the papers on top is soooo cool, love the pops of paint and down the siding on the second page and then all the sewing on the loves on page 3!!! you rocked it!!!

    ReplyDelete