Sunday 8 February 2015

Three More Layouts (Hip Kit Club)

Hello!  Can you believe that it snowed on the mountains here yesterday!  Autumn doesn't officially start until March, so it was a shock to have to get out our Winter clothes for a day.  

Today I have three layouts to share that I made with my December Hip Kit.  I've been working really hard to kill this kit, and I'm nearly there!

The first layout is about my darling girls and I.  Amazingly I used a circle cutting tool that my mother in law got me about 5 years ago, and this is the first time I've opened it and used it!  Shocking I know!  I hand stitched around the circle.


This second layout is also made with the circle cutter.  I originally cut some circles randomly on a sheet of Kraft cardstock, and then I backed them with patterned paper.  Then I decided to sew around the circles with my sewing machine, very much in the style of Paige Evans, except sewing circles is an art in itself.  So I didn't want to waste the papers, so I did some "layout surgery" and cut the circles out keeping kraft borders.  Then this layout evolved.  Its all about Brielle and the first time she got onto her knees and took the candle off the bookshelf!


This final layout is all about capturing Azaria smiling with her teeth!  I managed to take these photos of her showing her way of smiling (with mouth closed) and a smile showing her teeth.  This is probably my favourite layout from all that I created with my December kit.


I have a process video for this one too.


Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh ALL your pages are amazing!!! LOVE the big circle on #1, the fun circles on #2 and paper mix on #3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous layouts Melissa! I love the touch of Gold that you used on each page!!

    ReplyDelete