Monday 6 July 2015

Lovely (Lets Get Sketchy)

Hello!  Its time for the first reveal for July over at Lets Get Sketchy, can you believe the year is more than half over?!  This week we had a pretty sketch by Brenshevia, with banners, white space and splatters.  I used my May Hip Kit (I'm trying to get caught up with my kits), and scrapped a selfie I took of Brielle and I during our recent snow storm.  The photo is a little over exposed because of the intense brightness of the snow behind us.

I loved that this sketch could be used to feature white space (creating a layout with a lot of breathing room), and I decided to use white cardstock to really play up my splattering.  Everything is from the kit except for the doily, "lovely" sticker,  glassine bag, and silver gems.



I used my pink gelato to colour the wood veneer, and I love using those acetate Dear Lizzy shapes by stapling them.  The triangles are with Molding paste and the Triangle stencil by Happy Scatter.


Lovely layers, including some waste chipboard behind my photo.  I used glossy accents to glue down the acetate heart, which worked really well.


A close up of our #nomakeupselfie!  I added the doily and glassine bag into my layers for added interest


And here is the awesome sketch!


Make sure you check out the LGS blog to see what the other DT ladies created!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing take on the Sketch, Melissa! Such a beautiful layout!!

    ReplyDelete