Thursday 7 January 2016

Hello Is It Me You're Looking For? (Clique Kits)

Hello!  I'm back today with the first layout I made with my January Clique Kit "Alegria", which means happy and joyful in Spanish.  The kit features Fancy Pants Design's "Happy Places" collection by the amazingly talented Kim Watson, and its jam packed full of goodness.  

For my first layout I was inspired by the yellow "hello" paper, and I immediately got Lionel Ritchie's classic "Hello" song in my head.  The photos that were perfect for this layout were of Sam and Azaria from last year when we went to Puzzling World in Wanaka, and I took photos of them in the maze from the overhead bridge.  I set to work creating a title with my Silhouette Cameo, and I love how it turned out.


I kept my design very simple, using the hello paper as my border, and then keeping my title and embellishment central.  I really wanted the focus to me on the middle photo, and title.  The hello is a wood veneer from Basic Grey that I painted yellow with acrylic paint.


I wrote my date on one of the exclusive cut aparts by Charlie Fox Paper Co.  I love how it suits the fun and colourful Happy Places Collection.


Creating my title took a bit of extra work, but it was worth it.  I backed it with papers from the 6x6 paper pad (an add on to the kit).


Here is my process video.




And here is a photo of the kit, these photos are always such eye candy!!!

I have a kit unboxing video on my YouTube channel, which you can watch here.  

Thanks so much for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment