Thursday 1 September 2016

Two More "Rio" Layouts (Clique Kits DT)

Hello!  I'm back today with two more layouts that I created with the gorgeous August Clique Kit "Rio".  For these ones I did hours of hand stitching, and then used my new Close to My Heart watercolours on one.

The first layout is a photo of Azaria that I took on New Years Day.  I enlarged one of the exclusive cut file flowers, and repositioned it on the Silhouette software by rotating it to provide a place for my photo.  After I stitched it I painted it, and then cut it out.  This enabled me to position my photo above one of the petals and under two of the leaves.  I kept embellishment very simple to focus on the photo and the flower.


I made a process video.



For my second layout I used another one of the exclusive cut file and hand stitched it in monochromatic pink tones to match Brielle's top.  I love how this one turned out too, which is a relief because it literally took me hours to stitch!  If you saw my mini album, this photo was the final favourite photo that I was after, and of course it deserved its own page in her album!


I made a process video for this one too.



Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment